The slides below were created through a free Linked In program that enables LinkedIn account holders to upload, download and share slides for personal, restricted or public use. The slides below offer an overview of how to teach English pronunciation skills.
Below are signed that students may benefit from using technology in the classroom:
- Students who are deemed lazy or not paying attention can be empowered by technology to improve their focus and may become less frustrated by their language barriers.
- If ELL/ESOL students can access assistive technology literacy tools and are allotted time to use them, they can improve their confidence and make reading and writing gains.
- Using these tools, students who could not write a single word wrote detailed paragraphs and students who did not want to read a book became engaged readers.
- Teachers who use assistive technologies will motivate students who are eager to demonstrate what they know.
View Jo Belyea-Doerrman’s complete research paper at http://www.jobdoer.net/doerrman/TAR.cfm
Happy New Year!
If you haven’t completed (or begun) your goals for this year yet, I have a suggestion for you: Help me “fine-tune” this website by answering the questions below. Click on the “Leave a Comment” link to submit your feedback for improving this site.
How can this site be improved?
- What changes, if any, would you recommend for this site?
- What lessons do you like and not like on this page?
- What blogs (articles) do you like and not like on this page?
- What topics would you like to read about?
- What is your learning style (see list below)?
*Logical-Mathematical (science, engineering, solving puzzles) *Interpersonal (psychology, sociology, interacting with others)*Musical (playing instruments, singing, listening to music)*Naturalistic (plants and animals, outdoor activities, nature
*Visual/Spacial (creative arts, maps, seeing how things work)*Intrapersonal (self-aware, goal-oriented, enjoys self-study)
*Body Movement/Kinesthetic (dance, acting, sports, “doing things”)
*Aural-Linguistic (listening, writing, creative expression, reading)*Existential (philosopher, activist, clergy, spiritual, seeks meaningful life)
Thank you for helping me build and improve this site! (NOTE: Your comments and suggestions will be posted on this page after I read them.)